If you play Pokémon Sword and Shield, you must know about Sneasel as it is a bit different from the rest of the characters. If you want to find out how to evolve Sneasel into Weavile, you are in the right place.
How to Evolve Sneasel?
To evolve Sneasel, there are a few requirements you need to fulfil:
- You need to find Sneasel.
- Sneasel should be holding a Razor Claw.
- It should be night time in the game.
- Sneasel should be leveling up, no matter what the level is.
Keeping these points in mind, follow these three steps to find out how to evolve Sneasel into Weavile:
1. Find Sneasel
First step is to find Sneasel, which is not a difficult task to do. Sneasel can be found in different places throughout the game. Most of the time, you can find Sneasel at the Giant’s Mirror, Giant’s Cap, Stony Wilderness, and Dusty Bowl. Remember that the weather should be windy or snowy at the time you are trying to find Sneasel.
Another place you can find a Sneasel is the snowy area of Route 9. It is an easy path as the weather doesn’t matter in that area and you can spot a Sneasel pretty easily in that area.
Once you have found it, the next task gets a little trickier and harder to perform. Finding it doesn’t mean it is evolved. If you want to evolve Sneasel into Weavile, there is a lot a struggle you need to do.
2. Get the Razor Claw
If you want to get your hands on Razor Claw early in the game, then you have to find the merchant who sells it. It is a bit tricky as the merchants sells different items every day and Razor Claw is one of them. In order to purchase Razor Claw from the merchant, you need to check in every day at his store.
If you fail to get it from the merchant, there is an alternative to get the Razor Claw. But it works only if you have played enough to get the upgraded Bike that you can ride over water. Head to the Dusty Bowl in the Wild Area, you need to reach an Island surrounded by water. Ride on the upgraded Bike and make your way in the water through the Island that has a tree in the corner. Find the sparkling item and pick it up from the water.
If you don’t succeed in that, there is only one way left to get the Razor Claw. That is possible only if you have completed the game and have access to the Battle Tower. You can find the Razor Claw in the Battle Tower and purchase it from there. For that, you need 10 Battle Points to get the Razor Claw.
3. Level up at Night Time
Now, all you need to do is to make the Sneasel hold the item Razor Claw and level up during the night time.
Here is how to make Sneasel pick up an item.
- Press the X button to get the Pokémon menu.
- If you find Sneasel in the menu, click on that. If not, press R to find it in the boxes and click on it from there.
- Select the option of Held Item, then select Open your Bag.
- Go to other items in your bag by clicking the candy icon.
- If you are facing difficulty in finding something, sort out all your inventory item by name or by type, do it by clicking X button.
- Once it’s sorted, find the Razor Claw and click on it.
- Then, select Give it to Pokémon.
Now, wait for the night time. Once the moon comes up, go out and level up the Sneasel holding the Razor Claw. That will evolve Sneasel into Weavile.