- Sometimes any flaw may occur in the script of the web page
- The web page may fail to administer properly
- Windows Audio Video Experience service is not running
- While installing some applications on PC, like; Massaging app, Skype, Discord, etc…, it may set off
- Might possible that the databases of the apps being corrupted
- Discord installation files may be corrupted
- Discord may be running with administrator permissions
1. Remove Discord files by Task Manager
Discord assumes to a strong tool to store data for temporary means on your PC and help it to run properly. But having an error, make the Discord unable to use properly. That’s why you need to remove all Discord files by Task Manager. For this, navigate the way;
- Right-click on the PC by using mouse and go to “Task Manager”
- Select “Details” and see the Discord errors mentioned in the list
- Select them and go to “End Task”
- Click on “End Process”
- In the same way, you can select the rest of the discord files and repeat the same method to end the task
- Thus, if you are running discord, then the discord process will go away.
2. Uninstall “Discord” to Fix the Error
- Go to the search bar and type “Control Panel”
- Select “Uninstall Programs”
- After this, find the “Discord” in the list and right-click on it, then “Uninstall” (This step take a few sec)
- Now uninstalling is completed after doing this step
- So “Close” the Control panel
- For this, press the Window key and go to the search bar, and type “cmd”
- It will show “Command prompt” in the list and right-click on it
- Then select “Run as administrator” and click on the “Yes” button
- Now open “Command prompt”
- Type a command “gpupdate /force” and hit “Enter” (It replies after a few sec of the process)
- Now you can see that “Computer policy update has completed successfully”
- After doing this step, the process will be completed, so close this
4. Delete the Discord folder from Windows Explorer
- Now press the (Window + R) key, and type “Run” in the search menu
- Open a run box and type “%AppData%” and click on the “Ok” button
- Then find the folder of “Discord” in the list that appeared on the screen
- Select that and right-click, and click on “Delete” to remove the folder
- After completing this process, close the tab
- Move to the search bar again and type “Run”
- Open a Run dialogue box and type “%LocalAppData%” and then click on the “Ok” button
- Locate the Discord folder, and choose the “Delete” option from the pop-up list
- Then “Restart” your system
At times, after completing the deleting process of Discord, a massage is received that some files couldn’t have been deleted because they were in use. Then try to exit Spotify and end its process in Task Manager.
5. Re-download the Uninstalled Discord on PC
- After “Restart” your PC, and go to Google search engine
- Re-download the uninstalled “Discord” (This step should take a few minutes to complete)
- Relaunch the Discord setup files and follow the steps provided by the installation wizard
6. Run Discord with no Administrative Privileges
- Track down the Discord executable and change its properties by right click on its entry either on the Desktop, the Start menu, or the search results window and then select properties.
- Steer to the “Compatibility” in the Properties window and impose as Uncheck the box.
- Before applying any changes, move to the option “Run this program as an administrator”
- You must be confirmed any sort of dialogs that may appear for the confirmation of your changes happened there. From now on, the Discord should run without administrative privileges.
7. Download Discord PTB to Fix the Error
Discord PTB is the beta version of Discord. The Public Test Build (PTB) considers as a way for users to help Discord test new features. The process of installation and function will be the same as Discord. Nevertheless, it contains its own data and it will give the guarantee of no interaction with your standard discord. You can download Discord PTB from its official Discord website.
8. Whitelist the Discord Installation files in Avast Free Antivirus software
- Choose the icon of Avast Free Antivirus on your Desktop.
- Click on it and select the option; “Protection” that visible on the left side of the App tray
- Now click on “Virus Chest” to see the restrained files.
- Detect the files anchored with Discord (they may easily identify because “Discord” is primarily mentioned in the names of files)
- Click on three dots flutter over the files and click on “Restore and add an exception” among various options
- Repeat this process for each file to turn in the whitelist
- After completing this process, restart the Discord installation process
Add a folder of Discord setup executable in Avast software
- Open the Avast app by clicking its icon from the home screen of your PC
- Click on the “Menu” icon appear at the top right side of the Avast Window
- Then select the “Settings” from the listed options
- Click on the “General” section on the left side of the window
- Then choose “Exceptions” under the list of General
- Click on “Add exception” and then “Browse” for the location of the folder containing the Discord installer
- Now click on “Add exception” and launch the Discord setup executable in Avast software