One of Facebook’s super cool features is to wave at a friend. It is a nice way to start a conversation without using a formal Hello. Here is a simple guide on how to wave on Facebook to get someone’s attention without being creepy.
How to Wave on Facebook Using a Laptop or Desktop Computer
If you are using Facebook’s website on a desktop computer or laptop, waving is an easy job. Mostly, people find it easy to use a cell phone and chat through Messenger. But if you are not one of them, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to Facebook’s website.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Maximize the chat tab on the bottom right corner.
- Now you can see a list of your friends and a green little circle appearing on friends who are online.
- Choose the friend you want to wave to, and hover over your friend’s name.
- When you’ll hover over it, a little hand will appear beside the name.
- Click on that hand to wave at your friend. A chat tab will appear to show the wave you just sent, there you can continue with a conversation.
How to wave on Facebook Using Messenger on a Cell Phone
If you add a new friend on messenger, a new message will show up even if you two have not sent any message to each other. When you open that chat, you can wave at that friend directly. This only appears once, the other way of waving at a friend is to follow the steps defined below to know how to wave on Facebook.
- Open the messenger app directly or through the Facebook App.
- You will see three icons on the bottom, click on the middle one that will lead to a page where you can see a list of your friends.
- Click on Active to see all the friends who are currently online.
- Click on the little hand appearing beside a friend’s name to wave.
How to Remove a Wave?
If you waved at someone by mistake while examining how to wave on Facebook or the reason can be people with the same name, or maybe you accidentally waved at the wrong person. There’s no reason to worry about it; you can undo the wave you just sent.
Remember that you can undo it only if it’s been less than 10 minutes since you waved. Follow these steps to take back your wave.
- Open that conversation you waved in.
- Click that yellow hand and hold it for a second till the option of Remove
- Click on Remove, then click on Remove for Everyone.
- Doing that will make the wave disappear from your friend’s and your own chat window.
People like trying different features and Facebook provides impressive and easy-to-use features. The steps are simple to follow if you want to learn how to wave on Facebook. But it can be a little tricky as there is no specific button for it. It will be easier to wave if it is located in the emoji’s window along with other emojis. That way, people would be able to find it quickly.